Te Pūrongo a Te Kaunihera o Tāmaki Makaurau ngā huanga Māori. Auckland Council Group Māori outcomes
Te Pūrongo a Te Kaunihera o Tāmaki Makaurau ngā huanga Māori 2018/2019. Auckland Council Group Māori outcomes report 2018/2019
From the executive summary:
The Auckland Plan 2050 sets the aspirations and strategic outlook to advance Māori social, cultural, economic and environmental wellbeing in Tāmaki Makaurau.
Ten priorities have been set to accelerate the Auckland Council group’s role in advancing Māori wellbeing and identity. These priorities will guide progress over the next three years:
1. Māori economic development
2. Marae development
3. Te Reo Māori
4. Kaitiakitanga – water
5. Māori housing and papakāinga
6. Rangatahi potential
7. Māori identity and culture
8. Tāmariki and whānau wellbeing
9. An empowered organisation
10. Effective Māori participation
During 2018-2019, in addition to our ongoing initiatives and activities, we collaborated and partnered with mana whenua groups and Māori communities who are targeting resources towards these priority areas.
Key Findings for 2018-2019
- This report reflects on year one (2018-2019) of this approach and finds that:
- Achieving outcomes for Māori is by nature holistic – as such a non-linear reporting approach is required.
- There are common factors that contribute to the success (or by their absence, failure) of initiatives and therefore delivering outcomes for Māori across Tāmaki Makaurau.
- The delivery picture consists of multiple activities across the council group - many of these align to the first four priorities and could be scaled up, or accelerated, with support from Te Toa Takitini.
- Funding of current activities happens in a variety of ways, including Te Toa Takitini/ Māori Outcomes lTP funding and other internal and external partnerships.
- Year one has laid important groundwork for ongoing strategic delivery. it has optimised the executive governance structure and set the foundations for large scale programmes to progress. Learnings from 2018 -2019 are informing ongoing implementation and project planning.
Auckland Council website
Ngā Mātārae helps us deliver on Māori Outcomes across the Auckland Council group.