Tāmaki Makaurau / Auckland marine sediment contaminants. Summary of TR2023/5
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Tāmaki Makaurau / Auckland Marine Sediment Contaminants
Summary of TR2023/5, covering the 2021 monitoring in the Manukau Harbour
- 27 sites in the Manukau Harbour were sampled for concentrations of copper, lead, zinc, mercury, and arsenic.
- Overall, a relatively low level of metal contamination was observed.
- Two sites located at the head of the harbour in the Māngere Inlet have slightly elevated zinc levels (ERC-amber levels).
- No sites in the Manukau Harbour fell into the higher ERC-red category.
- Changes in the concentration of metals over time at most sites has been relatively stable. ...
A summary of Auckland Council technical report, TR2023/5
Auckland Council technical report, TR2023/5