Auckland water strategy 2022-2050
Our vision outlines a future where the region’s waters are healthy, thriving, and treasured.
We want to:
- strengthen the connection Aucklanders have with water and their environment
- ensure Auckland’s water infrastructure is regenerative, resilient, low carbon, and increases the mauri of water.
- make sure our growing population has enough water through efficient use and diverse sources
- restore and enhance Auckland's water ecosystems
- work with Aucklanders and mana whenua to improve water
- safeguard sustainable water use and equitable access
- integrate land use and water planning at all levels.
List of Auckland water strategy supplementary documents: