Auckland monthly housing update, September 2021
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of data for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1691 dwellings were consented in July 2021.
- In the year ending July 2021, 19,157 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 37 per cent of new dwellings consented in July 2021 were houses, 12 per cent were apartments and 51 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 113 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in July 2021.
- 1518 dwellings consented in July 2021 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 16 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of
the rapid transit network in July 2021.
- 1147 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in July 2021.
- In the year ending July 2021, 14,381 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 796 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in August 2021.
- In the past 12 months, 8632 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 719 each month.
- In August 2021, 806 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the
- Long-term arrivals in May 2021 were 1796.
- 770 public housing applications have been housed in the June quarter 2021.