Auckland monthly housing update, September 2020
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1569 dwellings were consented in July 2020.
- In the year ending July 2020, 14,891 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 35 per cent of new dwellings consented in July 2020 were houses, 18 per cent were apartments and 47 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 84 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in July 2020.
- 1499 dwellings consented in July 2020 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 27 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transport network in July 2020.
- 1884 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in July 2020.
- In the year ending July 2020, 15,119 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 704 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in August 2020.
- In the past 12 months, 8252 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 688 each month.
- In August 2020, 688 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in June 2020 were 497.
- 487 public housing applications have been housed in the June quarter 2020.