Auckland monthly housing update, October 2022
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of data for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- spatial distribution of dwelling consents
- 1882 dwellings were consented in August 2022.
- In the year ending August 2022, 21,463 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 22 per cent of new dwellings consented in August 2022 were houses, 18 per cent were apartments and 60 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 64 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in August 2022.
- 1774 of dwellings consented in August 2022 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 25 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in August 2022.
- 1320 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in August 2022.
- In the year ending August 2022, 13,021 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 1085 new residential parcels under 5000m² were created in September 2022.
- In the past 12 months, 11,805 new residential parcels under 5000m² were created – an average of 984 each month.
- In September 2022, 1049 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in July 2022 were 4102.
- 815 public housing applications have been housed in the June quarter 2022.
Auckland monthly housing update. Datasheet