Auckland monthly housing update, October 2020
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1391 dwellings were consented in August 2020.
- In the year ending August 2020, 14,875 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 40 per cent of new dwellings consented in August 2020 were houses, 10 per cent were apartments and 50 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 69 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in August 2020.
- 1304 dwellings consented in August 2020 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 15 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transport network in August 2020.
- 656 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in August 2020.
- In the year ending August 2020, 13,344 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 830 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in September 2020.
- In the past 12 months, 8325 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 694 each month.
- In September 2020, 854 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in July 2020 were 789.
- 487 public housing applications have been housed in the June quarter 2020.