Auckland monthly housing update, November 2022
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of data for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- spatial distribution of dwelling consents
- 2213 dwellings were consented in September 2022.
- In the year ending September 2022, 21,985 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 19 per cent of new dwellings consented in September 2022 were houses, 26 per cent were apartments and 55 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 206 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in September 2022.
- 2091 of dwellings consented in September 2022 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 41 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in September 2022.
- 1034 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in September 2022.
- In the year ending September 2022, 13,279 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 1023 new residential parcels under 5000m² were created in October 2022.
- In the past 12 months, 12,079 new residential parcels under 5000m² were created – an average of 1007 each month.
- In October 2022, 1003 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in August 2022 were 4125.
- 815 public housing applications have been housed in the June quarter 2022.
Auckland monthly housing update. Datasheet