Auckland monthly housing update, November 2021
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of data for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1691 dwellings were consented in September 2021.
- In the year ending September 2021, 19,885 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 29 per cent of new dwellings consented in September 2021 were houses, 20 per cent were apartments and 51 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 27 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in September 2021.
- 1597 dwellings consented in September 2021 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 27 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in September 2021.
- 776 dwellings were issued in September 2021.
- In the year ending September 2021, 13,817 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 749 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in October 2021.
- In the past 12 months, 9068 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created an average of 756 each month.
- In October 2021, 726 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in August 2021 were 1183.
- 770 public housing applications have been housed in the June quarter 2021.