Auckland monthly housing update, November 2020
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
• 1734 dwellings were consented in September 2020.
• In the year ending September 2020, 15,466 dwellings were consented in the region.
• 36 per cent of new dwellings consented in September 2020 were houses, 20 per cent were apartments and 44 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
• 30 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in September 2020.
• 1671 dwellings consented in September 2020 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
• 31 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transport network in September 2020.
• 1737 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in September 2020.
• In the year ending September 2020, 16,014 dwellings had a CCC issued.
• 390 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in October 2020.
• In the past 12 months, 7910 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 659 each month.
• In October 2020, 390 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
• Long-term arrivals in August 2020 were 153.
• 487 public housing applications have been housed in the June quarter 2020.