Auckland monthly housing update, May 2020
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1187 dwellings were consented in March 2020.
- In the year ending March 2020, 14,932 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 41 per cent of new dwellings consented in March 2020 were houses, 16 per cent were apartments and 44 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 58 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in March 2020.
- 1117 dwellings consented in March 2020 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 26 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transport network in March 2020.
- 1344 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in March 2020.
- In the year ending March 2020, 14,528 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 292 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in April 2020.
- In the past 12 months, 7521 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 627 each month.
- In April 2020, 291 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in February 2020 were 4996.
- 24 per cent of residential properties sold in Auckland were purchased by first home owners in March 2020.
- 1023 public housing applications have been housed in the December quarter 2019.