Auckland monthly housing update, March 2022
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of data for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1202 dwellings were consented in January 2022.
- In the year ending January 2022, 20,321 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 30 per cent of new dwellings consented in January 2022 were houses, 11 per cent were apartments and 59 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 79 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in January 2022.
- 1151 of dwellings consented in January 2022 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 93 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 28 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in January 2022.
- 689 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in January 2022.
- In the year ending January 2022, 13,337 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 963 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in February 2022.
- In the past 12 months, 9653 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 761 each month.
- In February 2022, 915 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in November 2021 were 2012.
- 578 public housing applications have been housed in the September quarter 2021.