Auckland monthly housing update, March 2021
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1410 dwellings were consented in January 2021.
- In the year ending January 2021, 17,113 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 30 per cent of new dwellings consented in January 2021 were houses, 35 pe cent were apartments and 34 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 472 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in January 2021.
- 1343 dwellings consented in January 2021 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 36 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transport network in January 2021.
- 822 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in January 2021.
- In the year ending January 2021, 12,220 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 436 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in February 2021.
- In the past 12 months, 7738 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 645 each month.
- In February 2021, 437 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in December 2020 were 1570.
- 1045 public housing applications have been housed in the December quarter 2020.