Auckland monthly housing update, June 2021
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1623 dwellings were consented in April 2021.
- In the year ending April 2021, 18,223 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 34 per cent of new dwellings consented in April 2021 were houses, 23 per cent were apartments and 43 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 136 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in April 2021.
- 1520 dwellings consented in April 2021 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 27 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in April 2021.
- 990 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in April 2021.
- In the year ending April 2021, 13,209 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 651 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in May 2021.
- In the past 12 months, 8610 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 718 each month.
- In May 2021, 623 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB. Long-term arrivals in March 2021 were 1814.
- 1045 public housing applications have been housed in the December quarter 2020.