Auckland monthly housing update, June 2020
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 894 dwellings were consented in April 2020.
- In the year ending April 2020, 14,783 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 51 per cent of new dwellings consented in April 2020 were houses, 15 per cent were apartments and 34 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 24 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in April 2020.
- 821 dwellings consented in April 2020 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 14 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transport network in April 2020.
- 910 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in April 2020.
- In the year ending April 2020, 14,650 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 730 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in May 2020.
- In the past 12 months, 7757 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 646 each month.
- In May 2020, 717 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in March 2020 were 2889.
- 26 per cent of residential properties sold in Auckland were purchased by first home owners in April 2020.
- 803 public housing applications have been housed in the March quarter 2020.