Auckland monthly housing update, July 2022
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of data for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- spatial distribution of dwelling consents
- 1928 dwellings were consented in May 2022.
- In the year ending May 2022, 21,688 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 24 per cent of new dwellings consented in May 2022 were houses, 7 per cent were apartments and 69 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 138 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in May 2022.
- 1810 of dwellings consented in May 2022 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 21 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in May 2022.
- 1423 dwellings were 'completed' by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in May 2022.
- In the year ending May 2022, 13,186 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 1342 new residential parcels under 5000m² were created in June 2022.
- In the past 12 months, 10,675 new residential parcels under 5000m² were created an average of 890 each month.
- In June 2022, 1316 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in April 2022 were 2799.
- 648 public housing applications have been housed in the March quarter 2022.