Auckland monthly housing update, July 2021
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of data for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1708 dwellings were consented in May 2021.
- In the year ending May 2021, 18,564 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 41 per cent of new dwellings consented in May 2021 were houses, 10 per cent were apartments and 49 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 120 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in May 2021.
- 1594 dwellings consented in May 2021 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 22 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in May 2021.
- 1296 dwellings were 'completed' by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in May 2021.
- In the year ending May 2021, 13,957 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 740 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in June 2021.
- In the past 12 months, 8672 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created, an average of 723 each month.
- In June 2021, 730 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in April 2021 were 2070.
- 736 public housing applications have been housed in the March quarter 2021.