Auckland monthly housing update, July 2020
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1367 dwellings were consented in May 2020.
- In the year ending May 2020, 14,489 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 40 per cent of new dwellings consented in May 2020 were houses, 28 per cent were apartments and 31 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 26 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in May 2020.
- 1291 dwellings consented in May 2020 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 32 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapiid transport network in May 2020.
- 691 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in May 2020.
- In the year ending May 2020, 14,107 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 678 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in June 2020.
- In the past 12 months, 7692 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 641 each month.
- In June 2020, 702 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in April 2020 were 156.
- 28 per cent of residential properties sold in Auckland were purchased by first home owners in May 2020.
- 803 public housing applications have been housed in the March quarter 2020.