Auckland monthly housing update, January 2021
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1740 dwellings were consented in November 2020.
- In the year ending November 2020, 16,290 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 32 per cent of new dwellings consented in November 2020 were houses, 18 per cent were apartments and 50 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 79 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in November 2020.
- 1643 dwellings consented in November 2020 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 26 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transport network in November 2020.
- 1581* dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in November 2020.
- In the year ending November 2020, 12,054** dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 590 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in December 2020.
- In the past 12 months, 7987 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 666 each month.
- In December 2020, 490 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in October 2020 were 142.
- 806 public housing applications have been housed in the September quarter 2020.
* | ** A reporting error has been identified that led to an over-statement of certified dwelling figures in previous publications. The error has been corrected.