Auckland monthly housing update, February 2022
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of data for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1734 dwellings were consented in December 2021.
- In the year ending December 2021, 20,529 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 28 per cent of new dwellings consented in December 2021 were houses, 11 per cent were apartments and 61 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 170 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in December 2021.
- 1634 of dwellings consented in December 2021 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 93 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 21 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in December 2021.
- 1167 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in December 2021.
- In the year ending December 2021, 13,470 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 545 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in January 2022.
- In the past 12 months, 9126 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 761 each month.
- In January 2022, 517 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in November 2021 were 1408.
- 578 public housing applications have been housed in the September quarter 2021.