Auckland monthly housing update, February 2021
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1589 dwellings were consented in December 2020.
- In the year ending December 2020, 16,653 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 34 per cent of new dwellings consented in December 2020 were houses, 10 per cent were apartments and 51 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 95 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in December 2020.
- 1498 dwellings consented in December 2020 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 24 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transport network in December 2020.
- 830 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in December 2020.
- In the year ending December 2020, 12,040 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 431 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in January 2021.
- In the past 12 months, 7860 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 655 each month.
- In January 2021, 428 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in November 2020 were 1583.
- 806 public housing applications have been housed in the September quarter 2020.