Auckland monthly housing update, February 2020
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1226 dwellings were consented in December 2019.
- In the year ending December 2019, 15,154 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 46 per cent of new dwellings consented in December 2019 were houses, 30 per cent were apartments and 25 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 168 dwellings were consented on Housing New Zealand or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in December 2019.
- 1168 dwellings consented in December 2019 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 37 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transport network in December 2019.
- 1329 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in December 2019.
- In the year ending December 2019, 13,162 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 558 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in January 2020.
- In the past 12 months, 7744 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 645 each month.
- In January 2020, 535 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in November 2019 were 3790.
- 27 per cent of residential properties sold in Auckland were purchased by first home owners in December 2019.
- 1027 public housing applications have been housed in the September quarter 2019.