Auckland monthly housing update, December 2022
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of data for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- dwellings in hazard zones
- spatial distribution of dwelling consents
- 1589 dwellings were consented in October 2022.
- In the year ending October 2022, 21,960 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 22 per cent of new dwellings consented in October 2022 were houses, 15 per cent were apartments and 63 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 56 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in October 2022.
- 1468 of dwellings consented in October 2022 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 25 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in October 2022.
- 218 dwellings were within hazard zones, accounting for 14 per cent of total dwellings consented. Over the past 12 months, 9 per cent of dwellings were consented within a hazard zone.
- 1160 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in October 2022.
- In the year ending October 2022, 13,461 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 1063 new residential parcels under 5000m² were created in November 2022.
- In the past 12 months, 12,019 new residential parcels under 5000m² were created – an average of 1002 each month.
- In November 2022, 1072 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in August 2022 were 5869.
- 892 public housing applications have been housed in the September quarter 2022.