Auckland monthly housing update, December 2021
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of data for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1614 dwellings were consented in October 2021.
- In the year ending October 2021, 19,936 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 33 per cent of new dwellings consented in October 2021 were houses, 14 per cent were apartments and 53 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 172 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in October 2021.
- 1495 dwellings consented in October 2021 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 23 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in October 2021.
- 977 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC)
issued in October 2021.
- In the year ending October 2021, 13,577 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 1123 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in November 2021.
- In the past 12 months, 9062 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 755 each month.
- In November 2021, 1127 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in September 2021 were 995.
- 770 public housing applications have been housed in the June quarter 2021.