Auckland monthly housing update, August 2022
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of data for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- spatial distribution of dwelling consents
- 1831 dwellings were consented in June 2022.
- In the year ending June 2022, 21,609 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 20 per cent of new dwellings consented in June 2022 were houses, 12 per cent were apartments and 68 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 59 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in June 2022.
- 1714 of dwellings consented in June 2022 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 93 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 32 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in June 2022.
- 1246 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in June 2022.
- In the year ending June 2022, 12,900 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 1240 new residential parcels under 5000m² were created in July 2022.
- In the past 12 months, 11,015 new residential parcels under 5000m² were created – an average of 918 each month.
- In July 2022, 1184 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in May 2022 were 2622.
- 648 public housing applications have been housed in the March quarter 2022.