Auckland monthly housing update, August 2021
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of data for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1910 dwellings were consented in June 2021.
- In the year ending June 2021, 19,035 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 32 per cent of new dwellings consented in June 2021 were houses, 20 per cent were apartments and 47 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 218 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in June 2021.
- 1796 dwellings consented in June 2021 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 21 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in June 2021.
- 1532 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in June 2021.
- In the year ending June 2021, 14,421 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 900 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in July 2021.
- In the past 12 months, 8544 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 712 each month.
- In July 2021, 836 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in May 2021 were 1893.
- 736 public housing applications have been housed in the March quarter 2021.