Auckland monthly housing update, August 2020
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1439 dwellings were consented in June 2020.
- In the year ending June 2020, 14,776 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 39 per cent of new dwellings consented in June 2020 were houses, 9 per cent were apartments and 52 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 45 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in June 2020.
- 1336 dwellings consented in June 2020 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 93 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 21 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transport network in June 2020.
- 1371 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in June 2020.
- In the year ending June 2020, 14,353 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 1028 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in July 2020.
- In the past 12 months, 8107 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 676 each month.
- In July 2020, 1018 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in May 2020 were 307.
- 487 public housing applications have been housed in the June quarter 2020.