Auckland monthly housing update, April 2022
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of data for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1641 dwellings were consented in February 2022.
- In the year ending February 2022, 20,786 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 28 per cent of new dwellings consented in February 2022 were houses, 8 per cent were apartments and 63 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 130 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in February 2022.
- 1554 of dwellings consented in February 2022 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 22 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in February 2022.
- 1023 dwellings were 'completed' by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in February 2022.
- In the year ending February 2022, 13,319 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 1160 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in March 2022.
- In the past 12 months, 10,091 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created an average of 841 each month.
- In March 2022, 1161 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in December 2021 were 1315.
- 578 public housing applications have been housed in the September quarter 2021.