Auckland monthly housing update, April 2021
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1176 dwellings were consented in February 2021.
- In the year ending February 2021, 17,057 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 45 per cent of new dwellings consented in February 2021 were houses, 9 per cent were apartments and 47 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 140 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in February 2021.
- 1089 dwellings consented in February 2021 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 18 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in February 2021.
- 1041 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in February 2021.
- In the year ending February 2021, 12,497 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 722 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in March 2021.
- In the past 12 months, 7964 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 701 each month.
- In March 2021, 717 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in January 2021 were 1595.
- 1045 public housing applications have been housed in the December quarter 2020.