Auckland monthly housing update, April 2020
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
•1232 dwellings were consented in February 2020.
• In the year ending February 2020, 14,854 dwellings were consented in the region.
• 50 per cent of new dwellings consented in February 2020 were houses, 7 per cent were apartments and 43 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
• 120 dwellings were consented on Housing New Zealand or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in February 2020.
• 1158 dwellings consented in February 2020 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
• 23 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transport network in February 2020.
• 1000 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in February 2020.
• In the year ending February 2020, 13,862 dwellings had a CCC issued.
• 496 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in March 2020.
• In the past 12 months, 7685 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 640 each month.
• In March 2020, 502 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
• Long-term arrivals in February 2020 were 4996.
• 25 per cent of residential properties sold in Auckland were purchased by first home owners in February 2020.
• 1023 public housing applications have been housed in the December quarter 2019.