Source:Ministry of Housing and Urban Development
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Development has published the September 2019 Government Housing Programme Dashboard
The purpose of the dashboard is to demonstrate what people are experiencing by tracking how many families have bought their first home, how many households are in public housing, and how many new homes are being built.
The dashboard shows the results being achieved in housing and will be updated and produced monthly. The dashboard tracks aspects of the current housing situation, the government outputs in response, and the results of those.
The September dashboard shows that in the previous month:
- 3,402 homes under construction in the Government build programme across New Zealand
- 80 new public houses built , and over 2,300 currently under construction
- 1,340 homes were bought using the First Home Grant
- 61 KiwiBuild homes sold, driven by demand for the popular Monark and Fraser Ave developments coming to market
- 967 households are engaged in Housing First