Auckland Council has published the first progress report of the Auckland Plan 2050 Development Strategy.
• 66,839 dwellings were consented in Auckland between 2012/2013 and 2018/2019
• 14,032 new dwellings were consented in 2018/2019.
- 83 per cent were issued in the existing urban area
- 8 per cent were issued in Nodes in the 2018/2019 financial year (some Nodes include areas outside the existing urban area)
- 30 per cent were issued in Development Areas
- 46 per cent were issued in the remaining existing urban area
• 10 per cent were issued in the future urban area
• 7 per cent were issued in the rural area
• The number of consents issued for apartments and townhouses etc. are increasing at a faster rate than
consents for standalone houses.
- Around 76 per cent of consents issued in Nodes, and 68 per cent in Development Areas, were for
apartments or townhouses etc.
• Over 70 per cent of Code Compliance Certificates were issued for dwellings in the existing urban area. This
means dwellings were ready to be occupied.
• Nearly 900,000 square metres (sqm) of business floor space was consented in 2018/2019.
- Business floor space consented in heavy industry, light industry and the City Centre zones made up 58
per cent of all floor space consented
- Business floor space consented in the City Centre and Manukau Nodes made up 84 per cent of all floor
space consented in Nodes. ...