Auckland monthly housing update, September 2022
Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of data for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- spatial distribution of dwelling consents
- 1825 dwellings were consented in July 2022.
- In the year ending July 2022, 21,743 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 17 per cent of new dwellings consented in July 2022 were houses, 9 per cent were apartments and 74 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement village units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 165 dwellings were consented on Kāinga Ora or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in July 2022.
- 1721 of dwellings consented in July 2022 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 26 per cent of dwellings consented were inside the 1500m walking catchments of the rapid transit network in July 2022.
- 1121 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in July 2022.
- In the year ending June 2022, 12,874 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 1408 new residential parcels under 5000m² were created in August 2022.
- In the past 12 months, 11,627 new residential parcels under 5000m² were created – an average of 969 each month.
- In August 2022, 1349 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Long-term arrivals in June 2022 were 2980.
- 648 public housing applications have been housed in the March quarter 2022.