Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1109 dwellings were consented in March 2019.
- In the year ending March 2019, 13,874 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 56 per cent of new dwellings consented in March 2019 were houses, 24 per cent were apartments and 20 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 123 dwellings were consented on Housing New Zealand or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in March 2019.
- 1027 dwellings consented in March 2019 were inside the RUB. Over the past 12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 20 per cent of dwellings consented in March 2019 were within 1500m walking distance of the rapid transport network.
- 684 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in March 2019.
- In the year ending March 2019, 10,201 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 456 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in April 2019.
- In the past 12 months, 7859 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 655 each month.
- 458 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Auckland’s regional net migration data was not available for March 2019.
- Median residential sales price in March 2019 was $800,000 (District Valuation Rolls sales records).