Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- the number of dwellings consented
- the types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1128 dwellings were consented in January 2019.
- In the year ending January 2019, 13,272 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 46 per cent of new dwellings consented in January 2019 were houses, 30 percent were apartments and 25 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement units, or other types of attached dwellings.
- 132 dwellings were consented on Housing New Zealand or Tāmaki Regeneration Company owned land in January 2019.
- 1062 dwellings consented in January 2019 were inside the RUB. Over the past12 months, 94 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the RUB.
- 28 per cent of dwellings consented in January 2019 were within 1500m walking distance of the rapid transport network.
- 480 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC)issued in January 2019.
- In the year ending January 2019, 10,577 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 552 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in February 2019.
- In the past 12 months, 8151 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created – an average of 679 each month.
- 548 new residential parcels of all sizes were created inside the RUB.
- Net migration data was not available for January 2019.
- Median residential sales price in January 2019 was $809,500 (District Valuation Roll sales records).