Author:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit RIMU
Source:Auckland Council Research and Evaluation Unit, RIMU
A summary of statistics for housing in Auckland including:
- number of dwellings consented
- types of dwellings
- code compliance certificates issued
- 1077 dwellings were consented in October 2018.
- In the year ending October 2018, 13,078 dwellings were consented in the region.
- 62 per cent of new dwellings consented in October 2018 were houses, 5 per cent were apartments and 33 per cent were townhouses, flats, units, retirement units, or other types of dwellings.
- 82 per cent of dwellings consented in October 2018 were inside the 2010 MUL. Over the past 12 months, 82 per cent of new dwellings consented were inside the 2010 MUL.
- 865 dwellings were ‘completed’ by having a Code Compliance Certificate (CCC) issued in October 2018.
- In the year ending October 2018, 10,443 dwellings had a CCC issued.
- 544 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created in November 2018.
- In the past 12 months, 7994 new residential parcels under 5000m2 were created; that was an average of 666 each month.
- Of the 8428 new residential parcels of all sizes created in the year ending November 2018, 71 per cent were inside the 2010 MUL.
- International migration to Auckland in the 12 months ending October 2018 was 30,973. International net migration to Auckland decreased 15 per cent from the previous 12 months.
- Median residential sales price in October 2018 was $797,539 (District Valuation Rolls sales records).