Source:Independent Māori Statutory Board IMSB
This updated Schedule of issues of significance to Māori in Tāmaki Makaurau consists of two parts;
1. A schedule of issues of significance
– a broad list of significant issues to Māori of Tāmaki Makaurau; and
2. The Māori Plan for Tāmaki Makaurau – a 30 year strategic plan for improving Māori wellbeing in Auckland.
This reflects the dual purpose of the Independent Māori Statutory Board1 (IMSB), which is to assist the Auckland Council (council) to make decisions, perform functions, and exercise powers by
- promoting cultural, economic, environmental, and social issues of significance for Mana Whenua groups and Mataawaka of Tāmaki Makaurau; and
- ensuring the council acts in accordance with statutory provisions referring to the Treaty of Waitangi.
This Schedule of issues of significance is the focus of the IMSB's work programme as it provides a platform for the advocacy role to council and enables them to prioritise issues and promote opportunities that support the development of robust partnerships between Mana Whenua, Mataawaka and local government in Auckland. This publication is designed to complement, existing strategic and planning documents prepared by Mana Whenua and Mataawaka of Tāmaki Makaurau.
See also: www.imsb.maori.nz