Source:Beacon Pathway and Community Housing Aotearoa
Date:1 March 2018, 1:30pm - 1 March 2018, 5:00pm
Venue:AUT Wave Room / Te Iringa Function Room, 55 Wellesley Street East, Auckland
Link to Event:https://www.eventbrite.co.nz/e/housing-matters-delivering-good-medium-density-community-housing-tickets-42298845987
Providing quality, liveable, affordable, sustainable communities
Medium density housing is rapidly gaining momentum throughout NZ as a way to deliver more affordable dwellings. When done well, medium density can provide quality, affordable and sustainable housing and liveable communities. Research is identifying what good practice medium density looks like, and new community housing developments are trialling medium density in real life.
This Housing Matters event combines presentations with panel and discussion sessions, to explore the following themes:
- NZ sectoral issues and challenges
- Key aspects of successful medium density housing – tools to help
- Tenure / social mix / tenancy management
- Disruption and innovation
- What sort of density – how many storeys and what should it look like?
- Growing sector capability and examining better practice